We’re going to unpack the sexist, dependency-based, pick me messages you inherited. Reframe dating, relationship, and love through a feminist perspective. And load you up with actionable skills you can start using right away to date and explore relationship in a much more empowered way.
This class is for growth-oriented women who want to feel empowered to make self-honoring choices while dating.
• Understand your pattern about who you're attracted to & WHY.
• Review past relationships to better understand the lesson you keep seeking out & how to evolve this.
• Become a solid friend & parent to the young parts of you who crave what's familiar, not what's healthy.
• Feel empowered to know what you want, make choices that honor your true needs, & initiate relationships from a place of self-love.
TOPICS WE'LL COVER:
• What kind of relationship do you want? What are you looking for?
• Clarify: your boundaries, non-negotiables, frosting items, & deal-breakers.
• Wildly evolve your ability to perceive & respond to red flags.
• Attachment theory 101.
• Upgrade your dating etiquette: online dating DM strategy, 1st dates that work for you, following up, etc.
• Scripts for: when they want to see you again & you are’t sure yet, how to ask people out, when they won't stop talking or don't talk at all, how to say you do or don’t want to see them again.
• Staying rooted in your authentic self so people can actually get to know you, & visa versa.
• Gracefully vetting prospective partners in the first couple of dates, and months.
• RIP "Does he like me?” & replace it with "Do I like them & is this connection healthy for me?”
• The patriarchal relationship template we’re all born into & how to evolve this... because I know none of you are dating with the intention of getting caught in that dynamic!
• What is love? Exploring this from a feminist perspective.
• Understand the vast difference b/t what women & men are sold about relationship & our roles within it.
• RIP society’s bullshit like: being chosen, the fear of being alone, relationship is a club & you're less than if you’re not in it, the pressure to settle, it’s your job to make relationships work, etc.
• Evolve your socialized desire to be chosen to the need to feel MET.
Because not only are we going to upgrade your dating skills & open your eyes with some illuminating self-reflection, we’re going to unpack the massively disempowering "good girl" patriarchal messages we learned about dating & relationships. Things like:
You need to be who others are comfortable with you being to be loved. Being chosen is how you find fulfillment & identity in life. You'll be lost & lonely without "someone." Love is something you earn by giving to others, not about also being loved. Requiring partners to meet you half-way is asking too much. It’s your job to make relationships work. You're selfish for wanting more. Etc.
These messages make women feel scared and desperate… which is the whole point. I know it’s easier said than done, but we are not doing this anymore. We are cancelling our subscription to being desperate, naive, non-threatening maidens who want to be saved. We are upgrading our whole approach to being women who deeply love ourselves & are looking to be MET. And, most importantly, we are developing the skills to deliver on this! I don’t know of anything more radically feminist each of us can do.
If this is the dating and relationship upgrade you're looking for, please join me for this unique, feminist-oriented dating class!
WHY IS THE TITLE, DATE "LIKE A FEMINIST?"
"Robin’s unique & straight forward delivery is amazing — the class feels like a blend of therapy & talking to a girlfriend in the best possible way. I have spotted so many issues in my mindset that need to shift that I have not seen in 15 years of therapy." - H
"I learned so much about myself! I learned about my power, my voice, & how to show up for myself. I learned to change my patterns of relationships & to be healthy in myself first so I can then show up in relationships in a healthy way as well. I appreciate this class so much & will continue listening to the recordings to soak it all in even further!" - C
"I recommend DLAF to any woman who wants to re-align her mindset about her own self-worth. You'll not only gain a stronger foundation for dating, but you also gain a stronger, more confident YOU to take into your home life, your job, your family system, & your friendships." - M
"This class is priceless in terms of the guidance, empowerment, & perspective it offers. It reassured me to be unapologetic & ask for what works for me. It was an introduction to the power of my agency; a long-awaited permission to take up space & revel in my existence as a woman. This isn't your ordinary self-help & coaching class—it's a celebration. A first step toward a true homecoming." - N
• Learn empowered dating skills through a self-reflective, feminist lens.
• Reclaim your power from the pressure to "be chosen” & become the chooser by first choosing yourself.
• Replace disempowering patriarchal, good girl messages you received about love & relationship with feminist perspectives that lift you up.
• Clarify your true needs, boundaries, & deal breakers so you can meet new people feeling confident about what does & does not work for you.
• Feel more mature & skillful in how you approach dating & relationship.
• Be in a mutually supportive, non-patriarchal relationship & you sense doing some work to unpack your own internalized patriarchy will help you be ready for this.
• Do this work with a group of women who are just as motivated to grow & evolve their approach to dating & relationship as you are!
THIS CLASS *IS* FOR YOU IF YOU WANT TO:
• Want something light & easy that will give you a few quick tips to make dating more fun but aren't interested in more substantive change.
• Feel rushed & stressed about finding someone asap because you're very ill at ease being single.
• Don’t want to self-reflect about your side of the street & believe finding someone who seems better will fix things in your life.
• Want a traditional patriarchal relationship where you’re the nurturing side-kick to a partner who is the center (polarity teachings describe this as being "in your feminine" so you can find a man who "leads.")
Each week I'll spend ~90 min. breaking down our weekly topic that will include experiential exercises to help you soak it in. We'll then have ~30 min. for Q&A and mini coaching sessions, where you can get direct support and I'll be an open book sharing with you everything I know.
Following each week's class, you'll receive the class recording and reflection questions that will help you integrate what you're learning.
And, there will be a private Facebook group to connect with the other participants throughout the week.
Your days of feeling confused about how to vet people and wishing someone had taught you how prioritize yourself while dating are about to be over!
This class is for growth-oriented women who want to upgrade their approach to dating & relationship. As for who you're attracted to or what style of relationship you enjoy, that makes no difference as the things you'll learn in this class will apply to relationships of all kinds. If you’re not sure, check out my IG relationship posts & videos. If you vibe with them, you’ll vibe with this class.
You’ll get the most out of the class, as well as the ability to ask questions & have 1-1 coaching with me, if you attend. And it’s perfectly fine if you can’t attend as I’ll send you the recording & weekly reflections questions that will help you integrate what we’re working on.
Yes. If you email me within the 15 days of the class start date, I'll happily give you a full refund. If you let me know after that, I'll offer you a pro-rated refund.
I get it, things can seem bleak AF after an hour of swiping. 1) You never know what’s around the corner. 2) Whether you meet someone or not, I want YOU to shake off the good girl bs you were taught & become a woman who approaches dating & relationship with more confidence, skill, & savvy... which this class will help you do!
Only you know what's right for you. But if you'd like to "meet" me to see if our personalities click, I invite you to book a discovery session where we can chat about the class, I’ll happily answer your questions, & you can get a sense if this is the right thing for you. You can do that HERE.
Robin leads the class with wisdom and openness while highlighting the most important tools anyone will need to navigate dating and know more about yourself. The class offered me empowerment through the presence of a community of women from all kinds of backgrounds and it gave me a sense of peace that I am not alone in the challenges I have faced in relationships" - N
"DLAF offered me clarity, a space to connect with my essence & reduce the noise from the conditioning I've been exposed to all my life, & a room to be reintroduced to my authentic self.
I loved attending the Zoom calls and connecting with the other women in the break out rooms and getting to share and ask Robin questions. Robin has a lovely style of teaching — she is knowledgeable on her subject, shares valuable real life experiences, and is an empathic and gifted communicator and teacher." - M
"I thoroughly enjoyed Robin's class. It helped me unpack sticky layers of internalized patriarchy & as a result I feel much safer & better equipped for my future dating life.
Robin is a fierce and steady leader, with tons of insight and wisdom to share. I love that there are so many experiential/application-based practices in this program and love learning in this group space. I have gained so much insight about myself and my patterns in this class. It's been really rich. If you want to learn to date from a rooted place of self-love, this is the class for you." - J
"This is an amazing class to gain greater insight around your relational patterns & behaviors, & learn how to date in a new way that has your best interest at heart.
I want you to feel like you're at the grocery store when you're full—satisfied in yourself & able to make empowering choices that meet your true needs.
Good girl socialization makes us feel disconnected from our authentic self and teaches us to search for our identity and sense of completeness in other people. This inner deprivation creates dependency that leads us to make self-abandoning choices. But it doesn't have to be like this!
I want you to feel FULL within yourself, able to make discerning choices with ease, and look for people who compliment you, not complete you... you're already complete!
If this is the vibe you want for yourself and you want support to develop the skills to deliver on this, please join me for this unique, feminist-oriented dating class!
• SATURDAYS 10a-12:15p PST
March 9, 16, 23, 30.
April 6, 13, 20, 27.
• INVESTMENT: $680, 2 payments of $340, or 3 payments of $227.
• SLIDING SCALE: Want to attend but need some help? Apply for a sliding scale spot! Priority will be given to folks who need a partial discount but full sliding scale spots are available. Apply by sending me a concise email through the contact page of my website sharing: 1) WHY you'd like to attend, 2) WHY you need financial support, 3) THE EXACT amount of financial support you need. Inquiries that don't include these three things won't be considered. I'll reply to all inquiries by 3/5.
• REFUNDS: If you email me within the 15 days of the class start date, I'll happily give you a full refund. If you let me know after that, I'll offer you a pro-rated refund.
• STRUCTURE: We'll meet on Zoom. Each week's class will be recorded in full and sent to you along with reflection exercises to help you integrate what we worked on that week. Each week will build on the last so while it's completely OK to miss a week or two, please be prepared to watch the video at some point during the week so you're caught up before the next class.
• DATING APPS? This is not required. And in fact many women who sign up won't be actively dating, preferring to use this time to fortify themselves for future dating. But if you're interested in putting what you learn to use so you can get support and feedback, it's worth considering getting on at least 1 dating app while you're in this class.
• PARTY BONUS: While you're in this group you'll get a discount on individual coaching sessions. And, once you sign up you'll get my suggested feminist relationship reading list that will plant all sorts of new, empowering ideas in your mind.
"I have so much more confidence out in the dating world!!
When I found Robin’s advertisement for DLAF on Instagram, I was in a dating loop that wasn’t healthy for me. I felt emotionally and sexually beaten up by the experiences of trying to force relationships to work with the toxic men I had met through online dating apps. I knew I needed to do something beyond therapy to help me learn how to date smarter. You see, I got married at age 24, and when that 20 year marriage ended four years ago, I have only ever dated as a teenager. And so I entered into post-divorce online dating having zero experience or understanding of what you do when a red flag pops up, or even what a red flag was. Now, having taken the course with Robin, I have so much more confidence out in the dating world!! I can’t believe I ever ventured out into the dating world without this knowledge.
"Robin’s class felt like a missing piece in my healing journey.
DLAF brought understanding and language to the frustrating patterns I have experienced over and over in dating and relationships. It feels empowering to now have awareness and understanding of the part I play in these dynamics, as well as tools to help me center myself and continue healing my codependent tendencies. Because of this class, I have a renewed and elevated vision for relationships in my life. It's also been so validating to hear stories that mirror my own. It's felt like lifting the veil on the control paradigm that has shaped our lives, childhood and families. This class has played a big part in helping me forgive myself and move forward.
"Why would any dating woman not want to take DLAF!? It's life-changing!
I had done a lot of work on myself and knew a bit about patriarchy, but was still at a loss about what that means in terms of romantic relationships or what to do about it. DLAF opened my eyes to how patriarchy perpetuates and legitimizes the centering of men at the expense of my own experience. I had been falling into a cycle of parenting men, since that's what I had modeled to me. I now feel empowered and have the tools to create interactions and relationships where I have a fighting chance of putting myself and my needs at the center. I also had a blast and met some fantastic women interested in learning the same too.
I'm a feminist life-coach for women. I've worked with women individually and in groups for 20 years. I'm an advocate for women to get free from the codependent, good-girl conditioning that has us looking for security in others. And a guide supporting women to cultivate a solid sense of ground within.
For nearly a decade I facilitated intuition development classes in SF and LA teaching women how to tune into their knowing and deep-down truth — and have the courage to follow it. Prior to that I facilitated several groups a day for about 5 years as a mental health counselor in treatment centers. I've also facilitated hundreds of art classes, holding space for people to tap into their creativity.
In recent years, I’ve been posting daily feminist missives on IG & hosting a whole collection of classes & workshops aimed at helping women recover their authentic personhood & own their power.
ABOUT ROBIN, YOUR GROUP FACILITATOR:
My motivation for offering Date Like a Feminist is to pass onto you my hard-won wisdom so that you can strengthen your ability to be a committed partner to yourself while dating sooner & with more ease than I did.
Real talk: I grew up being told some seriously old-school relationship advice. Things like "You need to become who men want you to be" and "It's your job to help men grow." I knew this was terrible advice. But because it was so deeply modeled and required of me, I spent the first 25 years of my dating career repeating it. Until I didn't.
I want that "Until I didn't" moment to happen sooner for you. So my intention for this class, and all my offerings, is to be an open book sharing everything I've learned so you can receive the tools, skills, insights, and support you need to approach dating and relationship in a way that works for YOU.
If this is the feminist education and support you need to up your dating game — please join me!