Healthy Anger, Empowered Boundaries
This class will teach you how to befriend your anger & express it in a healthy way — through owning your needs, making clear requests, & setting empowered boundaries!
This 8-week class is for growth-oriented women who want to have a much healthier relationship with their anger & get a whole lot better at setting boundaries.
• Why anger is such a vitally important emotion.
• Why anger is taboo for women, how this serves patriarchy, & why it's so important to resist.
• Becoming familiar with how anger works inside your body.
• Skills to "hear" what your anger is saying to you.
• Practices to work with & metabolize your anger.
• Trusting, rather than stuffing, your resentment, frustration, & anger.
• Healthy vs. unhealthy ways of expressing anger.
• Creating personal boundaries with yourself to stay in the "healthy anger-zone."
• Reacting to what's happening now vs. taking past unresolved anger out on people.
• The audacity to center yourself & take action on your own behalf.
• Dealing with how trusting your anger & honoring your needs changes your life.
TOPICS WE'LL COVER:
• What boundaries are & how to express them so people actually hear you.
• You deserve to feel protected & have boundaries.
• Why boundaries are uniquely difficult for women.
• Owning & expressing your needs.
• Making requests & speaking from a place of personal responsibility.
• Setting boundaries skillfully.
• Maintaining boundaries once you establish them.
• Refining your personal code of what behaviors you are & are not ok with.
• Holding your ground when folks give you pushback.
• Knowing when a situation is workable & when it's a deal-breaker.
• Accepting when it's time to walk away.
• Authenticity vs attachment.
• Self-care as you integrate doing things differently.
• Traps women often fall into & how to avoid them
• How revolutionary & wildly self-loving it is to trust yourself & hold onto your personhood in a world that expects you to exist for others!
Each week I'll spend ~90 min. breaking down our weekly topic that will include experiential exercises to help you soak it in. We'll then have ~45 min. for Q&A and mini coaching sessions, where you can get direct support and I'll be an open book sharing with you everything I know.
Following each week's class, you'll receive the class recording and reflection question that will help you integrate what you're learning.
There will be a private Facebook group to connect with the other participants throughout the week.
If you're done feeling daunted by your anger and frustrated about how to effectively stick up for yourself, please join me for Healthy Anger, Empowered Boundaries!
This is NOT for women who are in imminent crisis or who want other people to fix what's happening in their life.
Women who are working on getting freer from good girl and need skills to not just feel over it, but learn how to do things differently.
Women who are ready to make their needs and well-being a higher priority, even if that means feeling a tad uncomfortable as you try on new ways of operating.
Growth-oriented women who want to learn how to have a healthy relationship with their anger, take empowered action on their own behalf, & massively upgrade their boundary skills!
This class is for growth-oriented women who want to learn how to have a healthier relationship with their anger & become fiercely loving self-advocates. Most women are taught to stuff their anger & center other people. This class will turn this bit of good girl training on its head & teach you how to trust your anger, center your well-being, & set empowered boundaries. If this sounds like the glow up you need, you'll love this class!
You’ll get the most out of the class, as well as the ability to ask questions & have 1-1 coaching with me if you attend. And it’s perfectly fine if you don't attend the live class as I’ll send you the recording & weekly reflections questions that will help you integrate what we’re working on.
Yes. If you email me within the 15 days of the class start date, I'll happily give you a full refund. If you let me know after that, I'll offer you a pro-rated refund.
This class will welcome you into a feminist convo on anger & load you up with practical boundary skills. But it's entirely up to you about when, how, & if you choose to use them in your life. My aim is to help you feel more resourced so that WHEN you want to assert yourself, you CAN. If this sounds empowering, sign up. If it sounds overly-confronting, skip it.
Only you know what's right for you. But if you'd like to "meet" me to see if our personalities click, I invite you to book a discovery session where we can chat about the class, I’ll happily answer your questions, & you can get a sense if this is the right thing for you. You can do that HERE.
“Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others.”
Women struggle with boundaries because they fly in the face of the other-oriented, be who people are comfortable with you being way we were raised.
Additionally, we’re taught to suppress our anger, which is the internal signal we most need in order to know when our boundaries are being crossed!
Turning all of this deeply baked-in good girl training on its head by befriending our anger, prioritizing our needs, and setting boundaries — and holding our ground when folks are disappointed or angry with us — is no small task.
Yet there are few things that will make us feel more free or safe to be our authentic selves than cultivating a healthy relationship with our anger & developing the confidence to unapologetically stick up for ourselves.
If this is the glow up you want for yourself, please join me for Healthy Anger, Empowered Boundaries!
SATURDAYS 10a-12:15 PST
Oct. 14, 21, 28.
Nov. 4, 11, 18, -.
Dec. 2, 9.
• INVESTMENT: $660, two payments of $330, or three payments of $220.
• STRUCTURE: We'll meet on Zoom. Each week's class will be recorded in full and sent to you along with reflection exercises to help you integrate what we worked on that week. Each week will build on the last so while it's completely OK to miss a week or two, please be prepared to watch the video at some point during the week so you're caught up before the next class. Also! It's entirely OK if you participate virtually & don't attend the live classes at all.
• SLIDING SCALE: Want to attend but need a bit of help? Apply for a sliding scale spot! Priority will be given to folks who need a partial discount but full sliding scale spots are available. Apply by sending me an email through the contact page on my site sharing WHY you'd like to attend and THE EXACT amount of financial support you need to be able to attend. Inquiries that don't include these two things will not be considered.
• PARTY BONUS: While you're in this class you'll get a discount on individual coaching sessions. And once you sign up you'll get my suggested reading list that will plant all sorts of empowering, self-advocacy ideas in your mind!
I'm a feminist life coach for women & have worked with women individually and in groups for 20 years. I'm an advocate for women to get free from the codependent, good-girl conditioning that has us looking for security in others. And a guide supporting women to cultivate a solid sense of ground within.
For nearly a decade I facilitated intuition development classes in SF and LA teaching women how to tune into their knowing and deep-down truth — and have the courage to follow it. Prior to that I facilitated several groups a day for about 5 years as a mental health counselor in treatment centers. I've also facilitated hundreds of art classes, holding space for people to tap into their creativity.
In recent years, I’ve been posting daily feminist missives on IG & hosting a whole collection of classes & workshops aimed at helping women recover their authentic personhood & own their power.
ABOUT ROBIN, YOUR GROUP FACILITATOR:
My aim for Healthy Anger, Empowered Boundaries is to give you tools & support to help you reclaim what was taken from you — an in-tact relationship with your anger & the confidence to unapologetically stick up for yourself.
Tbh, it took me forever to figure out how to fully set boundaries, so I get how daunting it can feel. AND a lot of why women struggle with anger, boundaries, & self-advocacy is because everything we were taught is so disempowering & the exact opposite of what we actually need!
It doesn’t have to be like this though. So please allow me to share my hard-won wisdom with you so you can learn to trust your anger, take empowered action on your own behalf, & massively upgrade your boundary game!